Paddle in Paradise!
Stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking around Telluride is an amazing mountain adventure for both children and adults alike. From calm alpine lakes to more challenging rapids in the valley, there is something for all ability levels.
A few of our favorite places:
- Alta Lakes - Located just a quick drive from Telluride down a 4WD road is Alta Lakes, a serene setting perfect for SUPing or kayaking. Alta Lakes also offers camping, fishing and is a great spot to get away from it all and enjoy the surrounding peaks.
- Priest Lake - Located between the Matterhorn Campground and Telluride just a short drive from Telluride is Priest Lake. This easily accessible lake is small and perfect for those looking to get a taste of SUPing or kayaking on a smaller scale. Camping is also available at Priest Lake.
- Trout Lake - Located just steps from Priest Lake, Trout Lake is a stunning lake surrounded by soaring peaks that make for a memorable backdrop while kayaking or paddleboarding. As the name implies, Trout Lake is also a great spot for fishing!
- Down Valley Park - The Down Valley Park is just a short 20-minute drive from Telluride and features a large pond, baseball and soccer fields, picnic areas and a playground. It’s a great beginner spot for anyone looking to get a taste of paddleboarding or kayaking.
- Elk Lake - Elk Lake is a great destination for kayaking and paddleboarding for anyone staying in Mountain Village. It is a calm, mellow lake that is a great spot for beginners to get their legs under them.
- San Miguel River - The San Miguel River flows through town and offers more of a challenge for anyone looking to gain more experience on the water. While parts are calm, there are several more difficult rapids in town that can pose challenges. Further down the river, whitewater rafting is popular on the Class II-III rapids.
Book a Trip or Gear
We can help you book a paddleboard rental! For more information regarding rentals and drop-offs/pick-ups, please call our local team at (855) 940-2866.