Skiing and snowboarding are undoubtedly the most popular Telluride winter activities. And rightly so - the Telluride Ski Resort is a skiers' and riders' paradise.To book lift tickets or equipment rentals, please contact our local sales team at 888-893-0158.
The Telluride Ski Resort offers over 2,000 acres of skiable terrain and offers a world-class alpine experience at all levels - from beginners to expert skiers and snowboarders. Both SKI and Skiing magazines rated Telluride as one of the top ten ski resorts in the country. Take a ride on the See Forever run and you'll understand why Telluride has been called, "The most beautiful place you'll ever ski."
The Telluride Ski and Golf Club was started in 1972 and is located adjacent to Mountain Village. The town of Mountain Village is reminiscent of European mountain town luxury and provides direct access to the ski resort and connects to Telluride via the free gondola.
The average annual snowfall in the Telluride region is historically over 300 inches. The ski area has a lot to be proud of, but one fact stands out to locals and visitors alike…no lift lines! The uncrowded slopes offer an immense variety of terrain that includes beautifully groomed runs, challenging moguls, and breathtaking bowls. Telluride Ski Resort also offers more controlled backcountry skiing than any other ski area in the United States, providing the opportunity for an exciting and beautiful experience for advanced skiers and snowboarders.
Our Favorite Telluride Ski Runs
- See Forever – Perfect long cruiser run for beginners and intermediates. Access from the top of Lift 14, 6, or 9.
- Revelation Bowl - This bowl opened during the 2008-2009 winter season and boasts some of the best snow and scenery in North America. For advanced and expert skiers, this is a must.
- Lookout – Take in the breathtaking views of Telluride from the top of this intermediate run. Access from Lift 9, off of See Forever.
- West Drain – This well hidden black diamond run offers tight turns and lot of speed. Great for intermediate and advanced skiers. Access from Lift 9, off of See Forever.
- Milk Run – This steep and wide run is home to the Telluride Ski & Snowboard Club races. Located at the top of the Gondola.
- Magnolia – Great run with all types of terrain for beginners and intermediates. Located at the top of Lift 12, in Prospect Bowl.
- Polar Queen – Nice and easy cruiser run that the whole family can enjoy. Located at the top of Lift 5.
The Telluride Ski Resort is family friendly: Ski School offers a nursery, a variety of lessons (including private, group, children, developmental sessions for children in a group setting, and a woman’s week) for both skiers and snowboarders. The ski area also offers a very active adaptive program. If skiing or snowboarding isn’t your preference, there are other great ways to enjoy the outdoors including cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
Telluride Ski Area - Mountain Facts:
Total Trails: 125
Longest Run: 4.6 miles
Trail Difficulty: 23% Beginner, 36% Intermediate, 41% Expert
Total Lifts: 18 Total; 2 high-speed gondolas, 7 high speed quads, 1 fixed quad, 2 triples, 2 surface lifts, and 2 magic carpets
Vertical Drop: 4,425 feet
Elevation: Minimum - 8,750 ft; Maximum - 12,570 ft
Perks of Renting Through Alpine Lodging Telluride:
- Discounted lift tickets. Call one of our sales representatives for more information at 888.998.9883.
- Up to 20% off equipment rentals when you book with one of our partners: