5 Aug 2020
Telluride is one of the most unique places to visit on the planet! Check out a few of the reasons we think you should make Telluride your next vacation destination.
- The nearest stoplight is 40 miles away – located in Ridgway, Colorado
- There are no fast-food chains in town (aside from a Starbucks in Mountain Village)
- You won’t see “neon” lights anywhere
- The gondola, which the first and only free public transportation system of its kind in America
- It is 130 miles to the closest shopping mall.
- The Town of Telluride is only 12 blocks long and five blocks wide
- We are a dog-friendly destination with plenty of pet-friendly lodging
- Telluride is home to Colorado’s tallest free-falling waterfall, Bridal Veil Falls
- Relax, the town speed limit is 15 mph
- Daily wildlife sightings may include bears, porcupines, marmots, elk, deer, fox, grouse and prairie dogs