Simply put – there are few places that match the raw beauty and natural setting found in Telluride and Mountain Village. The fact that it takes a little effort to get here is both a curse and a blessing, you won’t find the authenticity enjoyed here elsewhere.
Top 10 Reasons for visiting Telluride:
- The nearest stop light is 40 miles away – located in Ridgway, Colorado.
- There are no fast food chains in town.
- You won’t see “neon” lights anywhere.
- The gondola, the first and only free public transportation system of its kind in America.
- It is 130 miles to the closest shopping mall.
- The Town of Telluride is only 12 blocks long and 5 blocks wide.
- We are a dog friendly destination with plenty of pet friendly lodging.
- Telluride is home to Colorado’s longest free-falling waterfall, Bridal Veil Falls.
- Relax, the town speed limit is 15mph.
- Daily wildlife sightings may include: bears, porcupines, marmots, elk, deer, fox, grouse and prairie dogs.