The gondola is the only free form of public transportation of its kind! The gondola first opened in 1996 and is still entirely free to commuters and sightseers, connecting the towns of Telluride and Mountain Village. The gondola consists of two parts and four stations; Telluride Station in town, San Sophia Station at 10,540 feet, Gondola Plaza and the Market Plaza. The gondola makes it possible to access mountain biking, Allred's Restaurant, skiing, hiking and much more.
- Winter: 6:30 a.m. to 12 a.m. daily from November 20, 2020 - April 4, 2021
Please note: Additional guidelines will be in effect due to COVID-19. Click here for the most up-to-date information.
Click here for a live view of the current lines.
- 3 million people ride the gondola annually
- The gondola operates 287 days out of the year
- It takes 12 minutes to get from the Town of Telluride to Mountain Village and three minutes from Mountain Village to the Market Plaza
- The gondola makes it possible to skip the 8-mile drive between towns with this three-mile system
- A cabin travels 11 miles per hour
- Select cabins are pet-friendly
- The gondola has wheelchair-accessible cabins